Thursday, August 12, 2010

Week One down...

...And how many more to go?

Well, folks to 'Big Split' has happened and now, all the sudden, week #1 of POST is done! Kyle gets to come home tonight. In just 2 1/2 short hours, in fact! I am showered, shaved and all purdied up for the occasion. That's a big deal because I haven't done anything of the sort all week.

That's because I stayed so busy. HA! Yeah right, not really, but... baby clothes are washed and folded, put in their place. Crib set up and all the essentials unpacked and organized. We are ready for Baby C! He is not ready, though. The Dr apt this week showed absolutely no progress even with these crazy contractions I'm having. Oh well. Due date isn't till the 1st of Sept anyway. Take your time, little man.

Now what do I do to pass time next week?

It's been nice having so much leisure time, though. I tra la la along doing fun baby deco stuff, watch my mom create beauty out of batter (cake batter, that is), play the piano (lil C loves that!), eat my mom's incredible granola (I have probably 5-6 bowls a day) and munch on other yummy food that is full on in the garden. Reggie is also extremely happy here. He patrols the yard perimeters several times a day and alternates snoozing on the front and back porch. He snaps at flies and eats other bugs and goes on morning runs with my dad and bike rides with my mom and puts up with the twins' constant, "Reggie, shake!" "Reggie, play dead!" or "Let's wrestle, Reggie!"

Polly, my horse, has a 'husband' for a month. They are pastured off and secluded romantically from the other horses in hopes of getting around to making a little foal to join the farm next summer. He is a handsome stud, just like the rest of the men around these Olsen parts.

Kyle says he had a good first week. He's getting used to wearing a uniform, is learning a lot about laws and the judicial system (yawn), and kicks butt in the grueling physical workouts they are required to do. Maybe one of these posts I'll give ya'll a rundown of their routine. It's a wonder why there's fat cops out there!

What are you doing this weekend? I hope yours is as good as mine is gonna be!

TTFN

7 comments:

Diana said...

Hooray for an update! And how exciting to get to see your brother!!
AND HOORAY FOR CONTRACTIONS, even if there just there to bug ya! I didn't realize this baby was due SO soon! Time flies! I love that you have a horse. I forget these things, but that's so neat!

Andrea said...

This weekend Scotto is out of town playing with his friends and I am cleaning! You wouldn't think so but I'm excited about this.
I'm also excited for you to have your little squirt! Good luck with the separation (been there done that no fun) and the baby!

Curtis Crew said...

wOoT WoOt for the husbands coming home!!! I'm so happy he's home, surprisingly enough I shaved and got all perty too:)Until next week...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting! I always love to hear about your amazing adventures! I love how you got all dressed up for your husband coming home; I'm sure he loves you no matter how beautiful you look (which shouldn't be too hard since you've always looked so gorgeous-I know somedays you may not feel that way) Glad to hear you're doing well!

BALLS said...

week 1 down already! i am glad that he is loving it and learning lots. i am jealous of all the fun things you are doing. i cant believe you will have a baby in a couple of weeks. i didnt realize it was so soon. i bet you are counting down the days, minutes, seconds. i know i would be. you will be a great mom.

Taryn Butterfield said...

Hang in there Anna!

Hadley Family said...

Awww. We are missing you down this way. Maybe I'll talk Kristi into a day trip up to see you next week. Love ya! t.