Thursday, September 9, 2010

We meet Casen Garth

September 3rd is the day Casen decided to make his appearance.

In a nutshell…

Weighing in at 8lb 7oz and 21 inches long, it made for a long, hard labor and pushing for almost 6 hours!

It was decided that he would not come without some extra help. Every avenue and option was attempted to help him come, but ultimately it lead to an unplanned C-section.

Poor kiddo was a trooper. He never once showed signs of distress. His noggin doesn’t even have the fontanels/soft spots like newborns do. In fact, his skull bones got pushed so far together, they overlap each other now. Thankfully, he should grow out of that.

We are recovering well, and loving the adjustment of growing to a family of 3! Casen is on a great schedule and literally changes before ours eyes. We miss Kyle so much and ache for him to be here to play with us more, but we keep him updated several times daily with picture texts.

And now some sweet moments of the event!

Two of our favorite features of Casen -

His large feet.

bigfoot 

And a wild and crazy blond head of hair! Just like his daddy’s was at birth. hair!

family photo47142_10150243825945154_700845153_14909127_8149775_n[1] 

Casen Eldredge, Kyle’s man BFF and his namesake, Casen Curtis.

casen&casen

 

What a cute lil duffer!

casenathome

 

More photos on FB HERE

17 comments:

Maridee said...

His hair is SO cute! I'm glad you posted more pictures. It's so good to hear you are all doing well. We are coming to Manti within the month to go to the temple, so we'll have to see if you are around. Love Ya

Mary Ludwig said...

Congratulations!! He is so cute!!

Natalie said...

Anna, that is so super great! I'm glad to see such fantastic pictures- and of course his feet look big when you take a picture like that! I hope you all continue well and love ya lots!

Alex and Necia Bess :) said...

He is just so adorable! He is one of those that you just want to hold all night! Congrats again!

Elise said...

Wowza! what a cutie!!! we're so glad that he's here, everyone is healthy, and that kyle was there for it all. we can't wait to meet this little man of yours!
Love John & Elise

Andrea said...

Look at you already blogging! You are such a trooper, he's so cute! I think it's cool you named him after Casen too, I miss hanging out with those guys.

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable. I had to have C-sections with all mine, and it's not fun. But if you have it up north next time they will let you try to have it natural, but down here you have to have a c-section after one. Just a food for thought. Glad your recovering good. Holy cow....all that blonde hair is amazing! Congrats to all of you.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that hair! What a little doll. Congrats again!

Our Family said...

oh my word how cute!! I love how the newborns change soo much in so few days and start to fill out soo cute

Garrett and Caitlin said...

Congrats you guys! Being parents is the most rewarding thing you will ever do!

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Yay! Congratulations! Glad everyone is ok. Oh and by the way Kyle is at post with my bro-in-law Kent. And it just so happens Annie had her baby Sept. 3 as well!

Roxy said...

oh my gosh!! that hair is the most incredible thing i have ever seen!!! i get to see my fair amount of newborns and i've never seen such awesome hair. thanks for sharing all the pics. i hope you have a great weekend with kyle back. i hope i can figure a time that would be come to see this little guy. we'll talk next week when you don't have a husband to take all your extra time with.

Mary said...

I'm so glad you are both healthy! I'm sorry you had to get a C-Section. :( But at least he's here and doing well! You all look great.

Maddie said...

Aw!! He's perfect :) Look at all of that blonde hair! Wowza! Congratulations you guys, I can't wait to meet the little guy :) And Anna, I wish you a quick, painless recovery! <3

Katie said...

SIX HOURS of pushing!? You are my hero! I'm about done after half an hour! :) I cannot get over his hair...I just want to touch it! Hope you guys are adjusting. Enjoy every moment because they grow and change SO quickly!!

Tausha Marie said...

Congratulations!!!! Being a mother is soooo awesome. I'm so sorry about the rough delivery, but I can tell how positive you are. You will be a fantastic mother!

Shane and Michelle said...

I love his hair!! He's adorable! Congrats!!