Thursday, October 28, 2010

Green Snot

playin' with gma

That’s what is dripping from my poor son’s nose. Not in this photo, thankfully. But it’s gross. His first cold and fever. Isn’t he too young for that? All he wants is to be cuddled and loved on. He sometimes even grips onto the collar of my shirt. I like to think that’s him saying “I love you mom, I will always love snuggling. I’ll never grow out of it.”  And that’s a.o.k. with me! What else would I be doing today? Making stockings?  Getting all dolled up for the man when he gets home? No to the latter. Yea to the former. I did make stockings today. Too bad my camera is severely injured right now. I’d love to show all you gals how fantastic they turned out.

Have I mentioned why this week has been muy bueno? Well let me tell you. Sunday we were still in Monticello and that’s always muy bueno! Kyle didn’t have to report back at the academy till Monday at 1400 hours (that is 2pm for those not proficient in military time. Law enforcement and healthcare professionals use military time, so that’s what we use in our marriage. Plus it makes us sound way cool). So we got Kyle all morning on Monday. Tuesday we had appointments in Draper. Oh wait – isn’t that where the Police Academy is? Yessiree it is. Lucky us Kyle took time out of his exhausting day to take me to dinner and shopping. And already today my cop-man is coming home. In fact he’ll be here any momento!

Yeppers, that’s all the right ingredients for a super duper week my friends. One of these days our super duper week will involve seeing the cop-man EVERY day! Oh blessed day that will be.

Holy snot bubbles oozing from Casen’s nose! Ew. Where’s the snot sucker? You’d think a former pediatric nurse would handle these things better. Guess I’m outta practice. Gotta run.

spider

Here’s hoping everyone has a spooky Happy HALLOWEEN! I know we will. Casen is sooo in the ‘spirit’ of things already!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

That does sound like a super duper week! Minus the snot bubbles that is! And I'd love to see pictures of your stockings! I've been working on a tree skirt and want to make stockings that match- please share! :)

Elise said...

is that his costume? :) I'm glad you had such a great week, its been a good one here too :) I can't wait to see your stockings! Post pictures soon, i bet your mom has a camera laying around you could use... Love you!

Lauri said...

Nice week. Get those spiders off our grandson!

Bluebird & Company said...

I so want to see your stockings! you MUST take pictures!
Hope casen baby feels better soon....it is going around here too. June has the snot thing bad too and her eyes have been goopy the last few nights. I hate when my kids are sick....I feel so bad for them.

Brea Eskelsen said...

He is so adorable!! I have been out of touch with my blogging friends and so its the first time I have seen him. Congratulations! I am sure you are a great Mom. Sorry its been so long since I looked at your blog. I sure hope he feels better soon. Its so hard when kids are sick!

Rebecca said...

For some reason I don't have your email so I am writing here to let you know that Emily will go through the temple and be on the 6:30 session this Friday, 11/5.

Rebecca said...

Please send me your email and share the info with your parents. Their email box said it was full and not deliverable.

Thanks

N & D Jones said...

He is a cute baby boy! I'm so excited for you guys, having a baby puts a whole new spin on life huh? Yeah her bear does make that noise, that was one of the best baby shower gifts, she listens to it every night, won't sleep without it...