That is what kind of day it is. Cold, wet and cozy indoors by the fire dining on hot soup and fresh out of the oven cornbread. That’s what we had for dinner tonight.
It’s the perfect day to spend hours ‘researching’ on the net. All this colder air is making me think about the holidays, and really they are right upon us! I even sang Away in a Manger to Casen when I laid him down for bed.
In the spirit of all that, I’ve been perusing my most liked blogs getting ideas for Christmas gifts. I also pulled out fabric scraps to make stockings for Kyle & Casen. Kyle’s stocking is from his childhood and needs a facelift. Or to be put away to pull out in 20 years when felt comes back in style. Anyway, I’m really excited about them. I’m looking forward to some other neat-o projects that I got ideas for today.
Here’s where I’m getting my inspiration:
I’m not disclosing my favorite ideas because the lovely recipients of these gifts come Christmastime have eyes that may wander over to my blog and spoil the surprise.
‘Cause really, there is nothing better than to taunt the receiver of your gifts with the teasing line of
“I know something you don’t know!”
And now I leave you with a glimpse of the incredibly fun weekend we had in good ol’ ‘Cello.
Casen and Tenlee – they will be the best of friends and cousins.
Now all we need is little Gabe to arrive in a couple weeks and the trio will be complete!
5 comments:
Fun! I'm thinking about Christmas a lot lately too! I'm quilting a tree skirt and I think I'll have fabric left over for stockings for us both! Yeah! It's also been snowy, cold, soup days. I think cornbread will be just the right touch sometime this week! Merry CHristmas! :)
I LOVE Christmas! and those two kids are the cutest ever. btw "I know something you don't know" :)
Yes, I think it can be official now. It is time to play the most beautiful music in the world and work on secret Christmas suprises. What are you going to do first?
I have a weird question but who are tenlee's parents?
i asked that question because some one down here just named their baby girl the same name and she looks to be the same age. I guess its getting popular now
Post a Comment