I decided I wouldn’t enjoy this Christmas as well knowing I wasn’t completely satisfied with my boy’s stockings. So I started over and I like these much better than the ones I made a couple weeks ago. What do ya think, you like them better?
I like that they’re block-ier and more rustic than the skinny mini ones from before. The photo doesn’t show the color or texture of the tan corduroy stocking. But it does show my beloved wooden buttons that my dad made me several years ago for a different project. Isn’t that awesome of my dad? Yeah, he’s awesome. My stocking is bright white corduroy and has the same wooden button.
Thanks to my aunt Bridget for the template.
Speaking of her, she is feeling extremely festive these days and creates the most beautiful Holiday decorations that are a MUST to adorn every woman’s home this season. Stay tuned for links in the future on where to view and purchase your own Aunt B’s handmade embellishments for your very own! Trust me, you won’t want to miss out!
This is the big moving weekend for us. It’s a little scary this time ‘round. Our whole marriage, as we’ve moved from place to place, we have always known exactly how long we would be living there, and where we’d be moving to next. This time is different, though.
This will be our 7th move in our 3 years of marriage, and it will be the last move for a while, as we’re planning on being in our area for several years. That means the home we are going to is where Casen will learn to walk, say his name, eat with a spoon and brush his teeth. He may even go to Elementary school at the one down the street and some of our children may even come home from the hospital with little onesies saying “Special Delivery from Heber Valley Medical Center.” That is a crazy thought. Will we find friends and like our ward and fit into our neighborhood?
It’s for reals, people. We are really going out of our comfort zone. Moving to a place where we know absolutely no one other than UHP officers.
Will update when things settle down.
Until then, everyone enjoy this holiday weekend, OK?
Can’t sign off without a picture of Hoogie-boy!
8 comments:
So, where is it exactly that you are moving? I love your stockings. I bought material when we first got married, but have not made anything. Instead we have a compilation of random stockings. Sorta ugly.
There cute Anna! I'm impressed the you "re-tackled" that project- they're certainly not easy to just whip up! And I'm excited to see what Bridget is up to! I have full confidence that whatever it is is going to be awesome!
Good Luck!!! You guys would do GREAT no matter where you went. We are kind of in the same boat. It's scary and exciting all at the same time. Your stockings are adorable as I'm sure your home will be. I'm so glad you will be living closer so we can get together more. Love Ya, Maridee, Mike and Taya. Let us know if you need any help with the move. We are up here and would more than love to help.
I do love your stockings, and this is a crazy move for you :) After your last post John and I were talking about how crazy it is that Kyle has like a real career. He's done with this going to school stuff, figuring out life stuff...you guys have it all figured out. Its exciting, you will make friends, i bet you learn to love it there. Can't wait to come visit you in your new home, good luck with the move!
Someone wise once told me..."If you love where you are and where you've been you'll love where you're going!" You guys will have a blast and I can't wait to hear all about it. I love you guys. Happy Thanksgiving. Good luck with the move.
Hoogie boy is the cutiest ever, your stockings are the cutiest ever, and since you and Kyle are the cutiest couple, Heber will love their new citizens - they won't be able to help themselves. But call or text everyday anyway!
Anna, thank you so much for the generous, confident advertisement you gave me. I will have to act on that, and fast. Your stockings turned out darling, and those coveted buttons. Cute, cute! I hope that your moving doesn't continue at this rate. You have a beautiful family. I am so thankful for you..Good luck on the move, you will fit in beautifully in Heber as you have everywhere
Love ya Bridget
I love the stockings! that is such a good idea to make them. I might have to steal that pattern to make some of our own! We really need to get together. I need to get better with babies lol. Are you guys coming to casen's wrestling match this saturday at 7? I hope so!
Post a Comment