Getting the internet set up is not a priority for us right now. Thus the lack of blogging. I have skillfully snatched Kyle's work laptop while he's taking a nap. No Windows Live Writer, no access to photos = boring.only.informational.post. I apologize in advance.
We LOVE this new area so far. It's so rugged, friendly and cold. We live in a cozy log cabin. At this moment Kyle has a blazing fire raging in the wood stove. Reggie is laying on my feet and the other 2 boys are asleep. This is the life...
People here are so kind, so willing to jump in and offer help. Kyle's Sargeant showed up on our doorstep with the most beautiful Christmas tree he hand picked and chopped down for us from his own land. The Relief Society makes sure I have phone numbers and everything I need to keep safe and warm on the nights that Kyle is gone. We are treated with prime rib and halibut smoked on cedar planks at UHP and ward parties. We are going to fit in really well here!
In 'Noggin News,' our Casen boy has a condition called craniosynostosis. It's a doozy, really. It is something we've known he's had since birth due to prolonged delivery. We weren't sure the full effects it would have until about a month ago when his skull prematurely fused. After CT scans, IVs, sedatives, and visits with the neuro and plastic surgeons at Primaries, we've decided on the middle of Feb for Casen to have the surgery to correct it.
So for us, this holiday season has an added emphasis on being grateful. Grateful for diligent doctors, skilled surgeons, nice nurses, the best pediatric hospital in the West, and most of all our blessed family.
Happy Holidays to you all! Hope everyone is as happy and blessed as we are!
6 comments:
Anna i'm so sorry to hear about your little man! Let me know if you need anything because I am always up that way! We all miss you but I'm glad you are loving it so far! hope you have a good Christmas!
Yeah! I was wondering how you guys were doing! I'm glad your home is so comfortable and the area so great! Good luck with Casen's noggin- love you!
i'm so glad you posted! But i can't wait to see pictures of your new home. its also great that you've got the surgery scheduled. If you need anything in the meantime i'm just a hop skip and a jump away... sort of. But i'll call you soon
So glad to hear your home is so welcoming to you, to friends, to gratitude. Thanks for the update on Casen. We are so blessed to have top medical options right here. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and we get to see ya'll sometime.
I miss you! I'm so glad that you are in a great place. It sounds like you are settling in well. Keep me posted on Casen! Love ya!
I'm so sorry to hear about Casen's condition. : ( It's hard to have to watch your kids go through things, and I'm sure skull surgery is up there on the list of hard things! We'll be thinking of you guys and hoping everything goes great. Love you guys!
Post a Comment