Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 2

Yesterday was a good day here at PCMC.

Cecily was our PICU nurse and Casen’s first love. The two may or may not have developed a small crush on one another… It was a bittersweet parting when we were transferred to a different unit.

IMG_1726

In the afternoon after we got settled into our new room, I was finally able to cuddle with my round faced bug.

IMG_1729

Then things got really exciting last night when Case started trying to undress himself and grab at all his wires. He was just beggin’ to escape from the confines of his crib!

IMG_1751IMG_1747

So he had some good daddy/son playtime and enjoyed it immensely.

IMG_1752

Don’t you just love his antennas?

They sure get creative in the OR dressing up these kid's’ wounds.

IMG_1756

What a great way to end Day 2.

Day 3 has been  much more challenging, unfortunately.

Another update is pending…

Happy Friday everyone!

7 comments:

Elise said...

such a sweet boy, i'm sorry day 3 has been harder. If you need anything, you know i'm here. We'll keep praying for you all. Love you tons

Mary said...

I'm so glad everything was fine with the surgery. You have such a good attitude about it all! My thoughts are with you.

Curtis Crew said...

What a trooper, I'm so glad you got to hold him finally. I love you all so much. thanks or keeping us all updated.

Kohler Family said...

Anna I sure hope things are going better today. Hang in there, you're in our thoughts and prayers. - Camille

Anonymous said...

Anna-
You guys are so strong! I would go absolutely nuts if I knew one of my kids was going into surgery... and then I would be nuts until they recovered. I'm so glad that your little boy is recovering and that he has such strong parents to support, love and be by his side through this trial in his life. I pray for comfort and a speedy/healthy recovery for your handsome little boy. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the progress on how he's doing; so sorry that he has to start out his life in such a rough way but I know your little guy is a strong person and he can handle this!

Taryn Butterfield said...

Hey so I've been checkin your blog to see all the updates on baby Casen and as I was going through your pictures I noticed Cecily Lucero! That's crazy she was Casen's nurse, I know her from Bountiful. I was friends with her little brother. Anyways small world. :)
I hope Case is doing much better! We are thinking of him and of you guys!