Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 3 -

Ahhhh. They say 3rd time’s the charm. That was certainly the case today. Yes, today went much better, just as we expected. Cheech & Chong – the affectionate name we gave Casen’s ‘antennas,’ (see below) had their final showing and the whole outfit was removed from my little peanut’s cranium.

I knew Casen’s hair was gone. The anesthesiologist handed it to me all shaved and wadded up in a bag after the surgery. But there is just no way to prepare a mommy to see her baby boy look so… different. A few tears were shed over his new ‘do.’ 

Kyle, the wonderful husband that he is, quickly made me forget my woes. I fair & square beat him in a rousing game of UNO.

IMG_1772

We played long into the night. It was called quits after it became a source of contention.

 

Between surprise visitors, homemade cinnamon rolls, a warm bath and playtime for Hoogie Boy, a long nap and a visit from our plastic surgeon with news of going home in the morning, we breathe a sigh of relief and are happy to call it a day!

 

IMG_1788

2 comments:

Kobe Family said...

Sooo glad to hear you get to go home and Casen is doing so well! What a cute little guy! Let us know if there is anything we can do, though I'm sure you've got things so under control; that's just the kind of amazing woman you are!

Tara Mogle said...

I just love you! Keep smiling pretty momma!!!