Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Cedar Home Spring Project

A 2011 goal of ours was/is to put a yard in our Cedar home.

Number 972 Spruce Street needed some serious aesthetic improvements.

(I have no problem posting the address of the home. I mean really, if you think you’re gonna go rob, vandalize or wreak havoc, be my guest. The guys that live there have some serious guns, ammo, and the like, nobody would last long causing trouble around there. Just sayin’)

IMG_2249IMG_1323

A ‘before’ of the yard.

‘The guys,’ our renters, have done a great job with our house. I mean look at this awesome fire pit they built in the back yard.

IMG_2246IMG_2247

The men of the project cut, chopped, mulched, dug, shoveled, hauled, sweat, cursed and ate all weekend.

Ked and Craig used the indoors as a shortcut to hauling tree stumps.

Oh, and Ked would like you all to notice his bulging bicep in the photo below.

IMG_2248

Actually, let me make it easier for your viewing pleasure…

IMG_2248

Ah there we go. Wowza!

That one’s certainly going in the Curtis family yearbook. I mean if we had one, it would.

IMG_2251IMG_2252

Reggie supervised the whole project. And Casen ate dirt. And he didn’t like it.

IMG_2253IMG_2254

Early Friday morn the gravel came.

This is where the ‘shoveling and cursing’ came in.

IMG_2255IMG_2256

 

IMG_2257IMG_2258

And Reggie did some more ordering around.

IMG_2259IMG_2260

We had some great mommy & me time.

IMG_2261IMG_2265

Ked introduced Casen to onion. He prefers it over dirt.

IMG_2263IMG_2264

I think I’d rather eat dirt than raw onion but what do I know?

I tell ya what, though. These Curtis boys (and company) can EAT! I mean whatever I put on the table was devoured. That sure makes a cook feel good about herself!

IMG_2267

This is one of our favorite features of the house.

The Pit.

The dinner pit, homework pit, game pit or makeout pit – whichever the activity requires.

We saw Kari and her new Cruise-man.

I couldn’t stop myself from nibbling on those cheeks!

(Cruise’s cheeks, not Kari’s)

IMG_2269IMG_2270

Hoogie boy was good as gold the whole time. Except when he ate dirt (see above)

IMG_2271IMG_2272

Tree stumps in courtyard gone. Kyle’s idea is to drill a hole in each stump, get two huge umbrellas and sip a little salt and lime underneath.

IMG_2273IMG_2274

Ta-da! I’m actually more excited with the finished product than I thought. We went back and forth for months deciding if we should do grass or gravel. But the ‘low maintenance’ card won. Plus, the boys have lots of room to park their big trucks and motorcycles. See? Told you you don’t wanna mess!

IMG_2275IMG_2276

Stay tuned for the upcoming transformation of the back yard. We will be planting grass in the fall. Until then, TTFN peeps!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good Anna! :) Casen looks cute as ever. Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Pete and Bekah Ackerman said...

Cedar house- as in cedar city?? Looks like a big project! And Casen is ADORABLE!!

Curtis Crew said...

One day I will actually make it to Cedar to see the whole house;) Looks amazing good job. Miss your face!

Anonymous said...

The house looks great and your boy is absolutely adorable! I love the warning about coming to rob the house with all the guns ;) I definitely wouldn't mess with your house :)

THE BOWMAN'S said...

It's lookin' good! We're excited to see you guys this week...I'll make sure to not have raw onions for dinner...or dirt :)