Chris Ledoux, one of my favorite artists sings a song about a county fair. I used to imagine it was about me because of the part that goes
I got a date with a girl, a perdy ranchers daughter
Green eyes and golden hair
Gonna pick her up at 8 after some soap and water
And we're headin' to the county fair
Well, Trooper Curtis had a shift at the State Fair last week. He was scheduled to work it on one of his regular days which was a bummer. But part of the compensation was tickets to attend.
Case liked the UHP building. He got a sweet tattoo to let everyone know who we belonged to then I let him wander around. Then he drank out of the drain of the water fountain and I was grossed out. So then we left.
The produce barn smelled like fermenting fruit but was so fun to see people’s hard work.
Case was wishing I’d set him on the bigger pumpkin. These were 900+ lbs!
We missed the birth of this calf by an hour! He looks just like his mama, a soft tawny brown – my personal favorite bovine color.
We watched the calf for maybe 15 mins. And Case did this the whole time.
I was impressed with the Little Hands Farm exhibit. I couldn’t help but chuckle at the FFA kids helping out. I was once one of them!
Casen loved the swine barn. He giggled and laughed at the pigs. He’d grab onto the panels as we would pass by and try to pull himself out of his stroller. He was loving playing with the piglets until one squealed right in his face. Then he wanted nothing more than to get as far away from the swine barn as possible!
Next year I think he’ll enjoy it more.
No comments:
Post a Comment