Thursday, October 27, 2011

Today

Today is sunny but cold.

Today Casen is a happy boy. And today, like every day, he’s got some kind of tool with him.

IMG_3389IMG_3401

He is becoming a handyman.

Today I worked out and almost passed out. Twice. The rest of the day, I have negated that workout due to cinnamon roll cake. I can’t.stop.eating it! Danget!

Today Kyle shot a deer.

IMG_3409

So today we’re grateful for nature and that we can righteously use it to sustain us.

Today Keziah learned what meat looks like before it shows up on our dinner plates. She almost started crying while watching Paul and Kyle skin the deer, “please don’t make me eat that deer!” She turned away in disgust. Reggie though he’d died and gone to heaven, though.

IMG_3407

Today Kyle is at wrestling practice. We are in the throes of wrestling season. Casen and I are turning to each other and the family more for company. But he is a happy man. And we are such a happy family nonetheless.

Today I learned that I am part of 2% of the population of the whole world that has green eyes. That is cool.

Today I watched Sister Wives. It reminds me of some of my coworkers in St. George. But I love and miss them. And that is no joke.

Today Casen has been chatting our ears off with incomprehensible words. He’s turned into such a jabber mouth and cracks us up about a gazillion times a day.

Today I’ve thought a lot about last weekend when my family came down.

IMG_3371IMG_3375IMG_3378IMG_3383IMG_3388

We spent an afternoon at the lake. We skipped rocks, threw sticks for Reggie, ate dirt (that was Casen) and shot things- Including the fish that dad caught thanks to Mark the Mighty Hunter. Jeepers. Now I have a trout in my freezer. He is full of bb’s.

Today I’m missing my family and reliving our wonderful weekend through the pictures we took. You need to check out THESE from last weekend, too!

Today I read this and am slightly grossed out. Oh well, what do ya do?

Today we are having popcorn and carrot sticks for dinner.

Today has been such a good day. I love today.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Dude, I love Sister Wives. It never ceases to amaze me. Crazy stuff.

THE BOWMAN'S said...

Do they have recipes on the internet for fish and BB's?

Natalie Nicole said...

We've got lots of the same stuff going on up here too! William shot his deer and we got it butchered and wrapped or bottled yesterday. Some hunters dropped off salmon to last for months (they hunt on the ranch so always bring gifts of some kind). We both have adorable sons who gurgle lots of jibberish. :) Isn't life great!