It snowed here for like 3 days. I started to get irritated and knew the only fix was some sun. Around these parts we take a short drive to Moab for a climate change. Lucky for me Moab has more than just sunshine and 20+ degree warmer temps. My Bro & SIL and the kiddos also live there. Casen had so much fun with all their toys and the company. He’s been Mr. Grumpy Gills for a few days now (more on that in a second). But today at the other Curtis’ he was a happy camper. Clint was soooo kind, as he always is when Tonya and I get together, and he watched the kiddos while we gallivanted around thrifting. Then we crafted what was taken from a pintrest project. But I love ours way more. Come to think of it, I don’t recall taking pictures of the process. This one one isn’t ours. Just imagine ours like this, only cuter.

Then we ate breakfast for dinner – one of my favorites. And Nixon declared Tonya the ‘best cook in the WORLD.’ I think that would be one of the most cherished compliments as a mom.
I think my greatest highlight of the day was picking Mialee up from school. She was expecting her mom or dad as usual, but when she recognized me from the other side of the gate her face just lit up and she ran to her teacher and said, ‘that’s my aunt Anna, she came to take me home today!’ Then she ran to me and jumped in my arms and we twirled and squeezed the heck out of each other. All the while I was walking towards the truck and finally Mia was like, ‘Um, I’m in kindergarten and I would like to walk myself to the truck please.’ And I was like oh my word, she probably thinks I’ve ruined her impeccable reputation and embarrassed her brutally by carrying her. So I felt a little bad. But she must’ve forgiven me because she offered her cute little Christmas creation she put together while her mom and I worked on ours.
Ok, so Kyle has been in Denver for a few days for some training. He pretty much rocks. But even the most rockin’ hubby leaves a massive void while he’s away. Last night as we told each other goodnight on the phone, I told him to not let this go to his head, but we really suffer when he’s gone. It’s like our family dynamics totally go to pot and we just fall apart. I mean I can handle it ok for a few days, but Casen just struggles like crazy with sleepless nights, no/super short naps, short temper and he doesn’t eat his veggies. So that is why I’m living with a miniature Grumpy Gills.
Reggie, on the other hand, I think quite enjoys when Kyle’s gone. That means he gets to lay on the couch and snuggle with me like he his right now. It’s making typing somewhat difficult, but the companionship is what I’m going for here.
I start work tomorrow night at the hospital. So that means tonight I stay up as late as I possibly can so I can sleep in as late as my circadian rhythm will allow so I can stay awake all night tomorrow.
Did I not blog about Halloween?! I don’t know where I’ve been the past week. Sheesh.
Case sported a Trick or Treat Smell my Feet Tshirt. And I dressed up as a baker. Can you see the evidence? We went to the grocery store right after this was taken. Lovely.
Zia was overjoyed to be a duck, even despite the nice weggie it gave her. She didn’t even seem to notice while we trick or treated to the whole 2 homes we went to.
Case was dressed as a stubborn football player – he wouldn’t keep his helmet on. But he kept his pads in just fine. Go figure.
But he was a fan of his lollipop.
This week we are getting a new baby in the Curtis family! Thursday (Kyle & Me’s 4th Anniversary!) is the day he is scheduled to come and I am anxious to meet him!
There have been several babies born within our families this past month, and even our greatest friends Evan & Chellese had a baby a few days ago. Which brings me to one important question, What in the world happened 9 months ago?
7 comments:
Hey we are in Denver! I think it's super cold but I bet Kyle likes the change cause there isn't any snow right now and it's probably warmer than Monticello.
I hate it when Scott is gone too, even for one night. I imagine when we have kids I'll put up quite the fuss over him leaving. You are not alone!
9 months ago everyone was trying to figure out how to have a baby on 11/11/11
That lollipop picture is gross. EWWW.
Hey, my favorite blogger, keep it up. Love your stories, love your pictures, love you too!
Cutest little football player! Hope Kyle gets home soon. Totally not fun being husband-less. I will be this week to :(! love your craftiness-wish I had 1/2 of it.
You'll have to post your Christmas tree, that one is way cute. Why is it that these boys of ours are always needing more training? if you ask me, there pretty perfect the way they are. Luke's been gone all week too and it's no fun.
Happy Anniversary to you both, I hope you've had an awesome day!
Casen looks cute in his football costume!! So glad you got to get away and enjoy some warmer weather!! Hope all is going well!! And your project probably looks day awesome!!
Post a Comment