Our marriage career has reached 4 years this past week! A few weeks ago my mom and I were talking about our wedding/reception and how much fun it was – and it really was! It’s hard to believe it all took place back 4 years ago.
This is one of my favorite wedding picture…
…and my favorite engagement photo. It was taken right in front of my parent’s house and I love how the temple looks like a little jewel in the background.
Boy do we look different now a days!
November 10th was a big day this week. Little Wesley Adam was born that morning. He is so fun to have around! There is nothing like having a new little soul in a home.
I tried to catch up on sleep the whole day. Kyle and I barely had time to say “hi/bye” as I came in the door from work and he was heading out.
My Aunt Keli’s birthday is also on the 10th and it’s becoming a tradition to call each other and wish a happy birthday/anniversary to one another. I must say I absolutely adore my aunt Keli. When I was younger (and secretly even to this day), I remember thinking she had to have been the real Mary Poppins and that I was related to a celebrity! Not only does she have a way of making things seem so magical and fun (remember the scene in the movie where Jane and Michael clean up the nursery?!), she also is as gorgeous as and sings even more beautifully than the real Julie Andrews. She is classy, sophisticated, kind and ‘practically perfect in every way!’
Kyle wanted to go out to eat to celebrate that evening. He called out to uncle Bob’s Line Camp Steakhouse to let him know we were coming. Casen spent the evening at Sam & Roxy’s. We were the only customers that night at Bob’s and boy did we get the royal treatment!
They had a table for two set in a corner of the room where a heater was already going and the rustic oil lamp was lit for romance. The food was, as it always is, wonderful. Bob entertained very well with some of his usual jokes. He serves his famous cup of pinto beans and informs you that there are precisely 239 beans in the cup. When you ask why he counts them so carefully he answers that it’s because if there were one more, it would be too-farty! Then he chuckles to himself, puts his thumbs around his overall straps and moseys back into the kitchen. He’s funny like that.
Rather than telling more jokes this night, though, Bob and Kyle kept the conversation going about wrestling. And then Bob’s son came in for a visit. And more wrestling talk ensued. I can’t usually participate that much in this kind of talk. I just concentrated on counting my beans.
After dinner we visited Kristalee and Wes and the hospital. I just couldn’t stop moochin’ in him! Then we went to… wait for it… Maverik! Just because we’re so classy like that.

There is a reason to the madness, though. It may be hard to believe, but Monticello is now the proud town in which a Maverik store exists. Complete with a Redbox and everything! The grand opening was that night, so we had to make sure we were a part of the festivities. The whole town is uber excited. In fact, when the manager of the store introduced himself in church a few weeks ago people started applauding! In church, people! That’s how happy we all are they have come. You should see how the gas prices at the other stations have dropped pretty significantly.
So that is how we celebrated this year. Aunt Keli reminded me that next year is our 5 year anniversary and it’s sort of a big deal so we need to plan something equally as big. Oh how I love dreaming and scheming! Now let it begin!
Kyle did mention that it’s cool we’ve been married for 4 years, and he thinks we should try it another 4 years and then revaluate and see how much longer we should shoot for after that. And to that I say that it’s a good thing we have eternity to shoot for because I don’t know about him, but I’m having waaaay too much fun with this whole marriage thing!
10 comments:
Wow, a Maverik in Monticello!? That is pretty amazing! :) Happy anniversary you guys!!
Oh Anna you are so funny! I am dying at the applause for the Maverik, I can totally see it. Where is it? The old Trailside? Monticello is definitely one of a kind isn't it? :)
The mall that I live by is HUGE and definitely does has an H&M. Although I lived by one in Portland too and I have to say the only think I've ever bought is a pair of boot socks. My limbs are just too long for that place! Nordstrom Rack is better :)
Come visi, I'll show you!
Oh I almost forgot, happy anniversary! And we are going to cedar for thanksgiving and probably staying here for Xmas. I'm sure we will be home soon Enough since we are so close now!
you guys are soooo dang cute! i miss you :)
I always thought and still do the same thing about Aunt Keli! It must be true!!
Kyle you are one Pogi Dude! Sounds like the perfect anniversary. Wish I would of got an invite to the Grand Opening though. No Anna I did not have any makeup on during my ABC interview thanks though you are too kind.
No way! I had the same thoughts about aunt Keli! Weird. There must be something going on there that our subconciouses are recognizing. :)
Ha ha you guys are such a cute couple Anna!! And happy anniversary! We are also celebrating our 4 year anniversary this year, and next year is the big one! We are thinking about going to disney world or something.... We will see :)
Me too! Me too! I bet I'm not the only one who compared her to Audrey Hepburn either! Hu? Am I right? Gotta love those Aunt Kelis!
Exciting stuff going on with you guys! Maverick being the most exciting and then your 4 years together :). Casen is getting so big! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment