I love creating beautiful things out of ordinary every day stuff.
A secondhand picnic blanket made an awesome carseat cover
1.5 yards of fabric from the thrift store here was just enough to put together this top. I got the idea from Pintrest – where else?
My Danish Christmas tree this year got a few new embellishments. “God Jul” is Merry Christmas in Danish and can be found peeking through my traditional straw ornaments. Every year I fall in love all over again with the ornaments I walked the streets of Copenhagen for hours to find.
I am so proud of my Danish heritage.
I also added a Danish flag garland. I think the one in my kitchen will stay up long before the Christmas decorations get packed away for the year.
I finally learned how to do 6 point snowflakes. I couldn’t stop!
An impromptu craft day with Tonya resulted in this
Plenty of whale softies were made for all the new boys and girls my friends are having. The girls’ were pink and had a little bow. I sent them all off before I thought about taking pictures. Bummer.
K this has been a project I’ve been wanting to do year after year but never got around to it. On one of my trips to Sweden, I was out on an early morning run in the backcountry running along a path that followed the shoreline of one of the fjords. It was one of the most exhilarating and memorable runs. It was breathtakingly beautiful. This is a handful of pinecones I collected during that run.
I always wanted to make a kissing ball (inspired by the European tradition that dates way back to the Middle Ages) out of the pinecones. I added some cranberries and some golden egg kind of thingy majigs and viola!
Now if I could just get Kyle to kiss me when I stand under it…
One of Casen’s Christmas gifts here. It’s made from scraps and took me about 1.5 hrs to put together. And that is no joke! It was super easy. I got there tutorial here.
And I already let Casen play with it.
So here’s the ‘reminders’ part of the post:
Just reminding you that if your pants are about to fall off, and your mom has a camera, don’t try to attack her – she will take a picture and probably show it at your wedding.
And just reminding you to make Christmas magical. My Christmases growing up were so magical and memorable.
I hope I never lose that feeling during the Holidays.
6 comments:
You have been busy making so many fun things. Looks like you might be ready for Christmas and more family fun under that kissing ball.
Your blog makes me so happy.
Oooh, I like that pink shirt.
Oh my goodness. Love. Love. Love. Cute shirt, cute tree, cute kissing ball, and cute kid! :)
Did you buy the tree ornament when you visited us in Denmark? I didn't realize you were so much in love with Denmark. I don't have flags on my tree, just burning candles.
Post a Comment