I was in a little bit of a bad mood when I woke up. There was this fly like the size of a quarter buzzing in one of my bedroom windows. And he was loud and annoying. So I was irritated from the get-go.
But that all changed when I walked out and saw this:
Like two kids in a candy shop is what it reminded me of.
So today was the day – goin huntin’ for a Christmas tree! As a lifetime tradition, we harvest our own and if I do say so myself, I’ve kinda got a knack for finding the perfect tree. I prefer tall, skinny trees. And I love the imperfections you often find in mountain trees like bare spots and not perfectly symmetrical.
So we loaded into the truck and drove. Soon the landscape started to look like this:
So we turned around and went to more mountainous spots.
We moseyed around here and there.
The Kyle spotted this beaut and chopped her down.
I stayed hydrated and watched.
And since the tree is like 20 lbs lighter than Casen, I volunteered to haul it.
Cause I’m good at that stuff!
This is what happens when you put the camera on self timer every 3 seconds x 3. Ha ha I’m married to a nut.
And I love it!
2 comments:
How fun! I love the pictures! Anna you are so strong to be able to carry that tree! Way to go!
Oh gosh!! What a cute little family!! Love and miss you guys!!
Post a Comment