Monday, January 16, 2012

December Wrap up

Jeepers, it’s the middle of January and here I am still blogging about last year!

Hehe better late than never, eh?

We had an awesome Christmas. It was small and fun. Kyle worked. Casen went to church with grandma/pa Curtis and I went to my ward to accompany the choir in the Christmas cantata.

Casen loves helping himself into the shower these days. And he quickly figured out how to unwrap gifts Christmas morning.

IMG_3735IMG_3746

A trip to Manti for our ‘2nd Christmas’ came a few days after Christmas. My dad and the boys built us the ULTIMATE porch swing and I am IN LOVE with it! I can’t wait for warmer weather to use it. It is beautiful and deserves and blog post all on it’s own. When I get cushions and pillows, etc, I’ll do a post. It will blow your mind!

Casen loves tub time at grandma/pa Olsen’s – they’ve got all kinds of different toys and gadgets. This time the goggles won all his attention

_MG_9510 pbl_MG_9514

The twins have a new passion to football. So that’s what we spent a lot of our time doing. We played 2 hand touch except when it came to twin tackling twin. Then it was full-blown-bowl-over-you’re-dead-meat-knock-you-unconscious tackle. They take their football pretty seriously.

_MG_9533

Remember Mother’s Day? Yeah, the one that was way back in May? Well, Kyle and I got each other shotguns for Mother’s/Father’s day, and I hadn’t even shot mine once – until this trip.

It was gorgeous weather and it was just calling out for us to go play in it some more (more than the football fest we’d already spent a ton of time outdoors doing).

My dad is master skeet thrower. With him at the machine you never know where to expect the pigeon to go. You could be shooting low to the ground like you would for a jackrabbit or skyward for an eagle way high (figuratively speaking of course – it’s illegal to shoot an eagle, don’t forget!)

_MG_9541_MG_9564 pbl

I fell in love with my gun! Bring it – jackrabbit or eagle – can’t get past me! Ok, maybe just one or two…

_MG_9565 pbl_MG_9573

You can’t see very well, the the Highway Patrol emblem is etched in the stock.

_MG_9569

Kyle’s just a sharp-shooter. I mean look at that hip action!

_MG_9578 pbl

Caitlin – Neil’s girlyfriend – was pretty darn good herself! Even for a small town Kentucky gal!

_MG_9580

My dad is also pretty sharp with a shotgun. He’s been known to pull the trigger to throw the pigeon, then stand up, put the gun to the shoulder and blow the smithereens out of that bright orange flying target. Whew! You’d have to see it to believe it!

_MG_9585

_MG_9611 pbl

_MG_9609 pbl

How can one so adorable and innocent make it so difficult to get a good group photo?!

_MG_9539 azur

4 comments:

AuBrie and Russ said...

what neil has a girlyfriend??

Heidi & Derek said...

That last pic of casen is adorable. He is getting so big!!! Looks like u had a good Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Nice! That new gun looks fun! You always have adorable family photos and looks like your all having a good time!

Ben and Sarah said...

Hey I will definitely come see ya when we come to cello!