I pity those who don’t have an Aunt Kathi and Aunt Spooky in their lives. Lucky for this world, there are A LOT of Kennington’s, so there’s a lot of us who enjoy both these wonderful women. So, to them, Casen has a couple things to say…
Dear Aunt Kathi,
I am really liking the giraffe hat you gave me. Even though I call it my “monkey hat,” I ask for it when I go out to play, and even when I go to bed sometimes. Thank you for the warm hat. It makes me feel pretty cool when I wear it.
Love, Casen.
Dear Aunt Spooky,
I get really excited when this time of year comes and I get a package in the mail from you! It is always full of fun things picked out especially for me. The magazine you included in the package this year is really fun for me. I ask for it to be read before bedtime sometimes and mommy thinks it’s pretty nice that it keeps me quiet during church because I am so interested in looking at all the animals and their babies. I have now learned what a kangaroo is because of it! Thank you for remembering me every Halloween!
Love, Casen.
Yes indeed, we have some pretty thoughtful aunts in the family. We are so lucky!
In addition to the fun packages in the mail, we did some other fun Halloween things.
Kyle was the one this year that encouraged and initiated the pumpkin carving. Casen thought he was pretty helpful.
And was thrilled about how they looked when we put the candles in them and put them out on the porch.
I was not thrilled at all, however, at how within the hour of putting them on the porch, the deer ate the face off the one and nibbled new legs in the spider in the other. I was so mad at them in fact, that I took the remains and threw them right at the mom and her two fawns. Gosh I hate those deer. They eat every.thing. off my porch. I’m getting angry just typing this now!
But then seeing these photos of this little hobo makes forget all about my deer woes. Case caught on pretty quickly to the whole trick-or-treating thing. We only went to a few homes, but we sure had a blast with friends and family.
White ghost chili and homemade donuts with friends topped off the night.
What looked like a crime scene on the front porch is what we came home to as more pumpkins had been beaten with little deer hooves and munched on. Oh well, what ya gonna do? Halloween was still a success.
1 comment:
How fun! Love Casen's costume!
Post a Comment