Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Mary’s Christmas Whereabouts

The best part of the Holidays this year has been teaching Casen all about Christmas and all the fun-ness that goes with it. For instance, following a tradition I grew up with, we had 25 wrapped Christmas children’s books under the tree. Every night Casen picked one out to unwrap and read. This particular night it was a story of the Nativity. As the book introduced all the characters of the nativity, Casen insisted on holding the correlating character from our toy nativity while we read about it.

He has really enjoyed the nativity set I’ve allowed him to play with. Especially the Mary and baby Jesus piece which Casen has incorporated into his everyday play. These are just a couple of places I’ve found the Mary/Baby Jesus figure in the past couple weeks…

IMG_5095

(microwave)

IMG_5097

I wonder what form of transportation Mary would’ve chosen to ride to Bethlehem – donkey or dump truck?

I also found Mary in Casen’s little potty bowl (where he refuses to go potty, but loves to stow away his favorite treasures) but thought it would be disrespectful to photograph her in such a controversial place!

Hope your holidays were warm and happy!

2 comments:

Natalie Nicole said...

So glad you posted! Thomas has wanted to kiss our nativity's baby Jesus on the head ever since I got it out. I really want to make a wooden block one for him to play with next year. So fun!

Mary said...

That's so funny! Ethan loves taking his nativity set for rides in his dump truck.