Friday, March 22, 2013

Auri Jaye is in the house

I went on an unintentional internet hiatus thanks to Casen a couple days after we got home from the hospital with Auri Jaye. Casen was awesome and spilled water all over my laptop and fried it. We took it apart and put in in rice. We prayed. I went nuts without being plugged into cyber-world! Anyway, I finally decided today it was time to put the computer away in it’s case so it wasn’t staring at me daily taunting me. In one last ditch attempt I tried turning it on. And viola – it booted up! Oh man I’ve been one happy momma today!

I was so mad about being left computer-less I didn’t even take pictures of precious things because “I couldn’t post them anyway…” Looking back that was stupid and irrational. I blame it on post partum hormones.

I think we’ve kinda settled into life with a baby girl in the home. She’s pretty much an angel baby. She’s so loved and we crack up at her ever changing faces and silly newborn noises.

Casen adores her – for like 2 minutes out of the day. For those couple minutes he is pretty elated with her. He’ll pat her head and jabber about “baby stister,” her small fingers, point out all her facial features and stuff a binky in her mouth. The rest of the day Casen just goes about his life as if nothing’s changed.

Kyle is pretty great with her. He always makes comments about how much she’s growing, talks to her in a voice I’ve only heard him use when speaking to Auri, and almost always has his face buried in hers when he’s holding her. It melts my heart to see how my two boys react with Auri.

She’s had to learn quick to be tough. So far she has been sat on by Casen, stepped on by Reggie, nearly launched out of her bouncer by an overzealous Casen anxious to give her a good ride, and survived Casen shoving a red pepper slice in her mouth, “Here baby stister, you like it!” That’s when we had the talk about how Auri only eats milk right now.

And now for the interesting part of the post:

IMG_5272

IMG_5277

This is where the ‘almost launch baby sister out of the bouncer’ incident happened

IMG_5279IMG_5282

Can you find Reggie? He’s so tolerant of Casen’s antics.

IMG_5293IMG_5294

One night Casen plopped down and started telling Ree all about this book in Spanish

IMG_5295IMG_5300

She likes her tummy time. And we like her cheeks and how they rest on her chest!

IMG_5304IMG_5306IMG_5307

And that’s the first few days of her life in pixels.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

oh Anna so glad your laptop works again!...one time i thought a book i was working on got deleted and i was devastated! Congrats on your baby girl! Having one of each is so fun!

Andrea said...

So adorable!

Stacy said...

She is beautiful Anna! Congrats! You guys are such a handsome family

THE BOWMAN'S said...

she's adorable Anna! What a cute little family you have! We're excited to see you guys next week....

Anna said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! She is absolutely beautiful. Thank heavens you're back online too. It's weird how cut off we now feel when our tech devices don't function like they should! Hope you are healing well too. You've had quite the time of it recently. Love you all!!

kent and alyssa said...

It's almost torture to look at these and I just held her today!! She is so beautiful!! You have such a cute little family Anna, so so blessed!

Rebecca said...

She is beautiful and you are all such a great family. Thanks for the pics. I wish you could be there for the blessing. I do hope it is a wonderful day and weekend with lots of family and smiles.

Mary said...

So fun to see pictures!