Today Auri is exactly 4 weeks. Where has time gone?!
I think that recovery with Auri has been better than it was with Casen. Well, more like different I guess. I think that had I been more healthy and not been fighting a bunch of infections and a back injury in the weeks prior to having Auri, then I’d have recovered even more quickly. I had to go back on antibiotics for the intestinal infection a week after bringing Auri home. It wasn’t the nasty Vancomycin, but one called Flagyl. One of the side effects, though, of Flagyl is that it makes everything taste like metal. Even a drink of water would taste metallic. But thank goodness for those antibiotics – I’m feeling like a new woman this week!
Anyway, we’re getting into the swing of things now. Nursing is going oh so much better this time around than it did with Casen. Auri (we call her Ree a lot) is a champ eater and sleeper! I used to have to wake her up at night (usually around 2 or 3) for a feeding mostly because I was so full and uncomfortable I couldn’t sleep! Now I’m sleeping much deeper because I don’t wake up until she does. She eats between 3 and 4am and then again about 7 then is up for a couple hours of awake time about 10. She is such a great baby! I think she’s very similar to how Casen was as a newborn – although Kyle would tell you otherwise. He says things like “I don’t remember Casen needing to eat this often,” “Casen didn’t cry this much,” “I remember Casen having longer naps than Auri does.” And then I try to remind him that he was going through POST the first 3 months of Casen’s life and missed out on a lot of this newborn stuff. And when he was home on the weekends, he was so dead tired that Kyle slept through a tornado let alone a hungry baby at nights.
I only feel pain at my incision now when I sneeze, laugh or reach for something really high up. I can’t complain about that! I did, however, develop a small umbicial hernia with this pregnancy. Ba. And the more my tummy is shrinking the more I’m noticing it and it’s quite painful sometimes. I sure hope it repairs itself cause I sure don’t want to be a patient again the next time I walk into the surgery wing!
I put Ree in my baby sling for the first time a couple days ago. She curled right up into the fetal position and zonked for a few hours. It was so nice to be hands free but still have Ree right close to me.
Kyle had to work on Sunday unexpectedly. The wife of a cop. But it had been several weeks since I’d been to church and Casen just could not take one more Sunday without Nursery. So I got brave and took us all to church. I was sure exhausted by the time we got home but I think it was a success! Ha. Makes me chuckle at the small things that feel like huge accomplishments to me these days. The simplest things seem to just wipe me out and drain all energy!
Now that I’m feeling so good I’m starting to love being a family of 4. I love that we have a daughter and I love that the weather is warming up. Things are just looking up which is a nice change from the unexpected past several weeks we’ve had.
And now I leave you with 2 pics of the same little girl in two very different moods
Ree was not excited about making her debut at church!
5 comments:
So glad to hear your recovery is going well! It's nice that Kyle gets to participate with this baby so much more. :)
And taking two kids to church by yourself for the first time is no little accomplishment! Way to go!
Cute little fart! Can't wait to see you all this weekend and smoosh her cute little chubbiness.
You took both kids to church by yourself!?!? You are amazing!
It is funny to see how the tiniest things feel like such great accomplishments, huh? That is totally my life these days. I say, be proud. Being a mommy to two little ones is no simple task!
Oh my goodness I seriously love this! Such an adorable little girl! Miss you guys tons and tons!
oh! what a cutie! She is absolutely beautiful!
Post a Comment